Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dean's First Day of "School"

Dean started Mother's Day Out a couple of weeks ago.  His first day didn't go as well as I hoped.  Dean was pretty distraught over me leaving him.  His teacher said he didn't hardly eat anything, which we all know is not like him at all!  But, my good little sleeper didn't give his teachers any problems going down for his nap.  Can you even believe that my little baby Dean is sleeping on a cot at school?!  I can't even picture his little tiny baby body sleeping so soundly on a little cot, but he's never given them any trouble.  

We're now a couple of weeks in & Dean is doing much better going to school.  He still gets sad at drop-off & is also sometimes crying if another mommy has come & picked up their kiddo before I can get there, but his teachers say he has fun throughout the day.  

Since Dean is under 2, he can't go to Max's school yet.  So he is going to a different program at another church in town.  Dean's school started a couple of weeks before Max's program started, which gave me 5 full days of Mommy & Max dates.  Max & I went to Schlitterbahn most of the days & were able to go on rides & sections of the park we've never been able to go to with baby brother with us.  We had so much fun having our own special time.  At the end of each day Max always asked if we could go pick up Dean & go home now.  He truly missed having his brother with us.  

Ready for school...



Ready for Schlitterbahn

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Mommy & Max time. I bet he loved that, and I'm glad Dean is adjusting well to school so that Mommy can have more time!

    ReplyDelete