Last week we had 3 stay-at-home days (which is absolutely crazy unless Max is sick). But between the ice & 1 SNOW day, we just couldn't leave...
It went a little something like this- Wed we were supposed to go to Houston, but the heater broke & the pipes outside froze, so we couldn't leave. My thoughts- can't leave- holy cow I might go insane- an entire day at home- how can that be- will I go crazy?! Survived Wed knowing that Thurs Max would go to MDO the next day.
Thurs morning 30 mins before we leave for school I get a call that the pipes are frozen at the church & MDO is canceled. My thoughts- holy cow! ANOTHER day at home? Can I even do this? I thought I used up all my tricks yesterday for keeping him entertained. Can I possibly do this again?!
Friday- still reallllly yucky- shouldn't leave the house (& Barrett pretty much told me I couldn't). My thoughts- I can do this- I'm a pro- I've stayed at home 3 whole days in a row!
Saturday- so thankful that I had a bridal shower to go to in Boerne & therefore a reason to necesitate me leaving the house!
So this is how we survived: Tuesday while Max was at MDO I decided a trip to Hobby Lobby was in order. I needed to stock-up our art cabinet with supplies. I got a ton of fun new things Max has never gotten to use before, as well as some fun Valentine's Day crafts. So over the course of all of our stay at home days we were able to keep ourselves entertained with lots of fun craft activities. I'll post a few pictures of what all we made. By the way- I wish I could claim that I had planned out getting that cabinet all stocked-up for us having to stay at home, but it was totally coincidental, but a great lesson learned that I should probably keep it stocked for emergencies! I even had a craft project left-over from a bday party we had gone to in Oct that hadn't been created- thank goodness for procrastinating on that one!
So today when we got faced with another stay-at-home day what did I do?! I did not freak out! & we had another fantastic day at home & created more memories. I'm so blessed to get to share the days with these two fantastic boys...
Some of Our Craft Projects:







OMG!!! i'm having trouble believing that the painting picture really happened in YOUR HOUSE!!! ;) way to go! i knew you could stay home, have some fun, & survive!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so unbelievably proud of you, not only for surviving 3 days at home with the kids, but for letting Max make such a mess at your table...and, btw, his projects are adorable. Good job Mom!
ReplyDelete