Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Woof Woof & Hippo

Every now & again I mention Max's "Baby Woof Woof" & Hippo in conversation.  I forget that everyone doesn't know who they are.  Baby Woof Woof & Hippo are very important in our house & a part of our everyday lives.  So I guess I just forget that everyone in the world doesn't know them.  :-)  

I'm not sure where Baby Woof Woof came from- I know he was in a gift that was given to Max as a baby, but for the life of me I don't know who gave him to Max.  Hippo came from a Noah's Ark set that Grandma gave to the boys when Dean was born.  Oh- & I should probably clarify that "Hippo" is actually an elephant.  Max knows the difference between elephants & hippos & has for quite awhile, but he still insists that the elephant is named "Hippo".  Hippo used to make a trumpety sounding noise, but since he's had to go through the washing machine after several bouts of illness at our house, he no longer makes noise...  Baby Woof Woof is getting a little grungy looking even though he's taken many baths in the washing machine.  Max's chewing on his tail isn't helping the matter.

Baby Woof Woof & Hippo are Max's two favorite sleep buddies.  His bed usually has about 10 animals/blankets in it at any given point in time.  They are always the same items, but he absolutely must have Baby Woof Woof & Hippo at every nap & bedtime.  He carries them around the house & plays with them throughout the day too.  

I no longer let him leave the house with them because I am absolutely fearful we'll lose one of them.  We attempted to send him to school with Baby Woof Woof once to see if it would help him take a nap at school (he refuses to nap when at school & this is now carrying over to our house).  But, we left him at school overnight!  & then the snowstorm came & we were going to have to go a whole week without him- holy cow!  Thankfully, my good friend Amber offered to stop by the school & get him for me, so I wouldn't have to get the boys out of the house.  That was a great blessing.  So please, let me introduce you to Baby Woof Woof & Hippo:

This picture will give you an idea of some of the items Max sleeps with:
Here is Max with his Baby Woof Woof:
& here is just a cute picture of Max falling asleep while he's reading his train potty book- Chugga Chugga Poo Poo

2 comments: