Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year

Aw- a new year- how lovely!  Of course once you become parents a night out on the town dressed up cute & having some delicious drinks until the wee hours is a thing that seems like something you once might have heard about & have very distant memories of.  Barrett & I found ourselves thinking we were lucky to be able to actually stay up past midnight.  We didn't watch the ball drop though- we just don't care.  

Max got to see his first fireworks shot off.  Barrett had so much fun going & shopping for the perfect fireworks for him.  As soon as he came to the car (Max & I decided not to fight the cold at the fireworks stand) I asked if he had gotten any sparklers.  He gave me a look, turned around, & headed back to the fireworks stand to get the sparklers they had offered him for free, but he had declined- what a great sport.  I guess Barrett doesn't plan out pictures in advance like I do!  Poor Max was very scared of the fireworks, but was such a brave boy.  He didn't cry but held on to me sooo sooo tight each time a firework was set off.  I think he was more scared of the noise of them going up in the air than the actual POP.  By the end of the "show" he was more curious & into them.  So in honor of my darling husband putting on a fantastic fireworks display & giving me some sparklers here goes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment