Thursday, March 4, 2010

the apple doesn't fall far...

Max definitely comes from a family of movers...  He has always been obsessed with boxes.  He loves when the UPS guy comes & brings us a new present for him- a nice big cardboard box!  Max loves to take things & put them in & out of boxes.  Just a couple of days ago we got a big box from Gymboree (kids clothing store) from me going crazy at their sale.  By the way I bought some cute matching outfits for Max & Dean for next spring...  Anyways, Max didn't care what was in the box he had so much fun playing with it.  

Fast forward to the next day- Barrett & I had been looking all over for a missing sippy cup.  I am kind of crazy about always knowing where the sippy cups are & Max is not allowed to take them out of the kitchen.  There are many reasons for this- sippy cups are expensive & should not be lost, beverages in sippy cups should not be on my carpet/furniture/walls, etc, losing a sippy would ultimately mean a very nasty disgusting find whenever we would happen to find it.  So I'm a little crazy about them- meaning the fact that we lost one was a big deal.  I believe it was because Max had been sick & I was a little preoccupied with vomit & the laundry it produced.  

So back to the story- Barrett & I looked all over the house & in & out of every cabinet, drawer, under things, could not find this stupid sippy.  Another thing Max is obsessed with is shoes- & I happened to notice that one of his very cute brand new pair of alligator sneakers (from the Gymboree box) was missing.  All of a sudden a light bulb went off- I ran to the garage & sure enough the sippy & missing shoe were found tucked away in a box that was headed for the street the next day!  Problem solved!  Our little "mover" decided to pack away his treasures & they almost found their way to the trash.  I'm sure this story makes my dad & Ryan oh so proud.

So in honor of our Mover- here is a picture from when we moved of Max helping with the boxes:

No comments:

Post a Comment