Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Day of School

Max's first day of school was last week.  It was delayed a week & a half by a pipe leak at the church where he attends Mothers Day Out.  I was super bummed so Max  was not near as excited about the first day of school as I was...  He had a great day though & looked so cute going to school with his new lunchbox.  

Max saying "CHEESE" for the camera

Not looking very happy to be at school...

After school we started a new first day of school tradition.  Mommy took Max to get ice cream after school so we could talk all about the first day.  Walking into the store Max's eyes got huge & he started repeating treat treat treat.  He really enjoyed his ice cream & I really enjoyed hearing a synopsis of his day one word at a time.  The conversation went something like this:

Mommy:  "Max did you have fun today?"
Max:  "Yes"

Mommy:  "What did you do today at school?"
Max:  "Color"

Mommy:  "Did you go outside?"
Max:  "Outside",  "Shut Door",  "Slide"

Mommy:  "Who did you play with at school today?"
Max:  "Gigi",  "Briggs"

Max loved his ice cream date with Mommy.  When he couldn't spoon the ice cream into his mouth fast enough he decided to start drinking it.  & of course the highlight of the trip was throwing the trash away...  



1 comment:

  1. I freaking adore him!!! Love that he included "shut door" in your big after-school conversation! ;)

    ReplyDelete